Here’s the thing, it is almost impossible to be in the midst of a crises, drama or tragedy and tap into peace, love, freedom and safety at the same time. If you’re alive, this applies to all of us. We get caught in a situation and have absolutely no place to go other than to our familiar emotional set point, and then once we get in that place—without a different set of tools—it’s almost impossible to get out.
It’s just like if you don’t make regular deposits in your bank account, when the emergency hits, you have nothing to draw from. That’s a funky and hard place to be, right?
The same thing applies to your spiritual and emotional accounts. If you have not made consistent and positive deposits, when the trigger comes (and it will), when the drama hits (and it will), or when you face an unexpected emergency (and you will), you will have nothing to draw from and no place to go, but to your familiar thought and behavior patterns—which will net you the same results you’re already suffering from!
And it’s costing you… a lot.
The good news is that when we are consistent with our emotional and spiritual deposits, the moment you need to put these tools into practice, they are effortless and automatic. We know exactly what to do and where to go!!
How self-empowering is that?
On a personal note, it’s pretty cool to know that you have the power to positively navigate any experience (even the emotional meltdown). In fact, the emotional meltdown is oftentimes a part of the process to healing – it reveals a lot of great information that can assist you forward. But you don’t want to pull over and park in the meltdown itself!
So when all the little wounded children came out at my family gathering, I went to the bathroom and made a withdrawal from my spiritual and emotional accounts, and because I had made consistent deposits, I had something to draw from.
Before I share with you the tools that I used to experience God in the midst of hell, I want to acknowledge how hard it is to turn the other cheek when you’ve been offended, how the wall of anxiety feels like a block of ice covering your entire body, and the sound of bees buzzing in your head when you’ve been triggered. I know and I understand.
But there’s a way out, I promise you.
Here’s what I did in the midst of my storm:
- I allowed myself to be real with my emotional reaction. I gave my little girl a safe and private space to verbalize her pain, fear and confusion.
- I tapped and I tapped, until I got completely in touch with where the pain was coming from, and what the pain was about
- And then I turned to EFT (tapping), the 12 Steps, affirmative prayer, surrounded myself in a vibration of pure light and love, and hung out with my higher power before I returned to the gathering.
Here are five strategies you can use to prepare for and manage the storm:
- Don’t wait until a crisis hits to make a withdrawal from your empty spiritual and emotional account. Start making regular deposits now!
- When you are triggered, go to your car, another room (the bathroom – my favorite, LOL) so that you can safely do your work.
- Be with where you actually are emotionally. Have your meltdown. Let your inner child speak using your EFT(tapping tools) until you feel a shift.
- Turn everything (the situation, your family, friends, finances, your emotions and your very life) over the care of the Higher Power within that loves you more than you will ever know.
- Use the first three steps of recovery. This short process will support you in remembering who you are.
- Be willing to straighten out and clean up the part you may have played in this situation, and then remember that you are whole, complete and safe. Take some moments of quiet and be still.
It is so very important to have the tools of recovery and rediscovery at your fingertips in order to bring peace to disharmony, to be an expression of love and forgiveness where there appears to be hate and fear, and to stand in your spiritual bad-assness, when you might ordinarily crumble. But in order to do that, you’ve got to make regular deposits in your account.
Luck is defined as opportunity meeting preparedness.
I believe in you. You are safe.
Email me at email@example.com for a twenty minute discovery session on how to transform your emotional hell into your birthright of emotional heaven.
I’m here for you.